Monday, November 3, 2008

Best linux distro for SAPGUI for Java based desktop client v2.0 (part 3)


Previously I have posted about linux distro here and here, now I am going to continue my review about OpenSuSE 11.0 as one of linux distro which is also supported by SAPGUI for Java.

Starting on this release, finally OpenSuSE - as other linux distro too - has included SUN Java (Thanks to SUN which had been released Java under Open Source license). In fact, OpenSuSE has done great job on this release. They said this is one of the best OpenSuSE release ever. That's make me so happy. I am SuSE fans...

According to OpenSuSE website (http://www.opensuse.org) on their release notes :

"The openSUSE Project is proud to announce the release of openSUSE 11.0 - everything you need to get started with Linux on the desktop and on the server. Promoting the use of Linux everywhere, the openSUSE Project provides free, easy access to the world’s most usable Linux distribution, openSUSE. The 11.0 release of openSUSE includes more than 200 new features specific to openSUSE, a redesigned installer that makes openSUSE even easier to install, faster package management thanks to major updates in the ZYpp stack, and KDE 4, GNOME 2.22, Compiz Fusion, and much more."

Also check this out for latest Compiz feature. Very nice. I like it.

OpenSuSE also come with SAMBA which is mandatory for running as SAPGUI ready desktop client.

But just as your consideration before choosing OpenSuSE, your computer specification must have minimumly 512 MB memory. But I recommend you to have 1 GB memory for minimum requirement. Currently, I am using OpenSuSE 11.0 on my Acer notebook

Happy migrating !!

No comments: